Friday, March 21, 2008

Fishy...

Dear friends,

For all of you who knew and loved Fishy during his short time on this planet, we have some very sad news. Fishy is swimming with the fishes, and by that I mean we found him floating in his bowl this morning. I'll spare you any gruesome photos.

We are not sure if Jenny unwittingly murdered him by failing to acclimatize the water when she changed it yesterday, or if it was simply Fishy's time. Luckily we're within the month long warranty period, and with any luck we won't develop a reputation at Petsmart for being the fish killers: "Hey guys, we killed another one, yeah that one looks like Fishy, we'll take it."

Oliver doesn't know - I distracted him with Sesame Street and juice.

In lieu of flowers, please send donations to Safe Water Saves Lives.

Photos of Fishy II coming soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PETA will hear about this travesty of fish cruelty. I am appalled and disgusted that just anyone can be entrusted with the life of one of our beautiful gilled brethren. May Poseiden bless and keep us and Fishy too.

Capri said...

hey anonymous - you're lucky we didn't wrap him in a sheet of nori and dip him in soy sauce. go on, tell peta, we're not scared.