Oliver: You want a strawberry? Mmmm good. Yummy in you tummy, tummy, tummy mommy? You want this muffin? You want to try that? The muffin is big! There's a mouse in there! (points to muffin) There's a mouse there? There's a scorpion in there. And a hole. See that?
Me: Is the scorpion yummy?
Oliver: Gonna eat the scorpion. Watch. Blech. (Laughs)
The chair is cold. Brrrrr. I'm cold. Brrrr. I'm shivering. I'm shivering Mommy. (He's being a bit dramatic, but I put socks on him.)
You need some socks. You need some big ones. You need some big ones Mommy? You need some big ones!
Want a lil' piece? Want a lil' piece?
(Points to wall) See that pirate ship? Like last night? (We saw a 19th century wooden tall ship at the river the night before.)
Mommy there's a brown thing! (He's sitting on my lap and points to a freckle)
Me: That's called a freckle.
Oliver: I have freckles on my face. What's a freckle mommmy? There's a mommy freckle right there. There's one two three. Freckles everywhere. Mommy, what you doin'?
(Sings) Oh you chin chin bang bang. And you chin chin bang bang we love you. Oh you chin chin bang bang. And you chin chin bang bang we love you.
Here are pictures from that morning:
No comments:
Post a Comment