Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Savannah College of Art and Design

Luckily the whole Aspen thing didn't work out because I am now a Professor of Contemporary Art History at SCAD!!! There's no central campus - the facilities are in over 70 renovated buildings throughout Savannah's historic district. This is their movie theater, which is beautiful inside.

This is the Gryphon Tea Room, owned and operated by SCAD. Their crabcakes are delicious.


The library used to be a department store, and it's also beautiful inside.

These are photos of the student center, which used to be a synagogue. See that egg shaped chair at the end of this hallway? That's a "nap pod" - it reclines and plays ambient music.


1 comment:

Jillian said...

OMG. Congratulations!! That is so amazing that you have:

(a) a professorship
(b) a professorship at a beautiful, creative institution
(c) a professorship that doesn't require you to move out of your current region

I really wanted to come out & visit you guys anyways, and I have also always wanted to see Savannah so this is an added incentive to a family trip for us as well.